We are aware of this bug, but unfortunately, we do not have a solid 100% fix for it at the moment.
However, we are looking into it!
We would appreciate it a lot if you can help us investigate this issue further.
First of all, make sure both you and your friend have a good internet connection and your computers meet the minimum requirements for Raft. If you or your friend is using Wi-fi, it might help to use ethernet instead.
We have noticed a distinct difference, there is two ways this could happen.
Number 1: Only the person joining freezes and gets stuck on bluescreen. The host can play normaly.
Number 2: Both the host and the person joining freezes. The hosts game completely freezes and the one joining gets stuck on bluescreen.
If you are experiencing option Number 1
We do know of one solution that seems to work for most people:
1. Check if you have GameFirstVI installed. Comes pre-installed with ASUS ROG products.
2. Go into the program and set Steam and/or Raft to highest priority.
3. Try connecting to your friends again.
If you are experiencing option Number 2
This should have been fixed in Update 13 and later game versions.
If you are still experiencing the blue screen, please send us an e-mail here including your answers for the questions below and don't forget to attach the files mentioned below as well.
- When does the bluescreen happen? Is it when you are trying to join a friend's world or is it when you are trying to load/host a world yourself?
- Is it only happening in a specific world or does it happen even if you create new world? If it is happening in a specific world, please attach the save file folder for that world.
The host can find the save file folder in this location: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\RedbeetInteractive\Raft\User\User_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\World\SaveName
- Player.log file shows us what went right or wrong during a game session. Directly after you are stuck in blue screen screen for 5-10 minutes, find both the host and the player joining player log files and attach them to the e-mail.
You can find this file here:
- If you have tried any solutions like updating your drivers, verifying your games files, etc, include this information in the e-mail and write "Stuck on Blue Screen" for the "Subject" column of the form. This will help us find the Blue Screen bug reports easier when we are working on this issue.
And that's it! We are hoping these files will help us get to the bottom of this problem.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide us.
P.S. If the sizes for the files are too big, you can zip them or send us a link from an online storage service.